1/30/13


hurled from infinitely behind myself
I tumble into a deserted universe
where abandoned foggy hills
yield to delicate branching forms

insidiously dividing spreading
birthing nested worlds
(of drooling writhing children
raised in hidden dingy homes)

wind quickens ancient sifting cycle
moisture leaves brittle abbreviated tips

unnecessary subjects
subjectively rejected
my nucleus distilled
and routinely reassembled

from the nucleus extends
an unnecessary world:

my spindly rain-soaked wooden chair rots quickly in the sun
its tender porous rungs teem with healthy organisms

precisely churned to mush
nails eaten by wet dirt

a tight electrical hum propels
its orderly fugal dispersion
toward a final together moment
and I catch myself

fresh stress infects a rusty spring
elastic form yields a plastic sound

atmospheric hue bobs a low resonant tone
temperature oscillating wildly
a flurry of electric tingles
flowering through my skin

hands move detached
and I unveil my innards
in old thin wooden buildings
lit by dim yellow cubic lamps
collecting ghosts of desperate moths

in swaying segmented corridors
where every room is sort of yours
nameless friends shout unintelligibly
blurring away quiet with dissolving walls

precisely forgotten rusty moment
seen your hand rots quickly in the sun

fresh morning smell of warm pressed grass

I landed in some hayfield
by a crisply faded house

on the cracked paint balcony
stood a well-dressed family
with spherical paper heads
slopped with vague shapes of features

I wanted to reach out
and feel their stages of decay